Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Old Friends, New Friends, And What keeps us linked together.



Opportunity, that’s what life holds for us. The opportunity to be involved in the lives of others and to have connections that go far beyond time, place, or distance is one of life’s greatest gifts. It’s been 14 years since I graduated from what was then the Film/Video program at R.I.T. Last Saturday I packed up my Jeep and drove to Hermosa Beach for a Film/Video reunion. It’s one of life’s joys that we can reconnect with others as though we last saw each other yesterday. Tales of adventure, relationships, careers, and stories of “remember when” filled the room. The energy was invigorating and made me feel at home in a place I barely knew. Although we all look a little older, the connection remains. It’s like your favorite comfort food.




So there I am in the sunset on the pier at Hermosa Beach having just visited with with the people I was with when I first began to go down the road of creating professional images and realized what better thing to do than pull out my camera and capture the moment, so here you have your third choice of photo for your $100 donation. I’ve named it “Sundown Hermosa” and the colors and contrast are great. You can almost smell the ocean air. So if you make the donation, the 8 X 10 is yours. Next week I will put all photo’s side by side for you to see. Just Click Here to Donate.



The Fresno MS150 meeting went better than I could have expected! I really feel that we will pull off a marquee event for the area. We have the support of the local cycling teams and bike stores. Our next step is to determine a route. This is not an easy task. It needs to be fun, somewhat scenic if possible, and ride-able by cyclists of all levels. As I learned on my way to LA, the only way out of the Central Valley is up and through the mountains. This could be a challenge, but I am confident that we can find a way. I’ll continue to keep everyone updated on my Blog.


Finally this week, have a wonderful 4th of July weekend. Spend a moment reflecting on what has made the US a great place to live. Remember how you got to where you are today, and what keeps you linked together to everyone else in your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home